Hi Everyone, this is the first post in a while, I(dave) had some downtime tonight, so I thought I'd share what I've been interested in lately:
Topography! Topography has been overlooked lately with the development of satellite imagery, like google earth, but the
USGS is a cool resource to see how the land is laid out around your area. I like to have a good idea of what's around my area, just in case society crumbles and I have to escape into the wilderness. Most topographic maps show powerlines, buildings, rivers, etc. You can order big topographic maps from a variety of places, or you can download them for free
here. On the right menu click "Download TOPO maps free!", and you can look up your area.
Here's a Topographic map of Victorville!
Also, you can get topographic maps of the moon and other planets...weird.
2 comments:
It's about time you posted! Topography is so cool! Except at first I thought your title was "To Pornograph or Not To Pornograph"...and that had me a liiiitle worried. Um, yeah.
Ditto what Amy said - I had to do a double take...cool - all you need to survive is your topo map and a gps (: well, to start with...
Post a Comment