Monday, March 16, 2009

Yellowstone

So I've been struggling with a bad case of tonsillitis this week. I was hoping to recover, because we had a snowmobiling trip planned with Amber's family up in yellowstone. I still wasn't feeling much better when thursday came around(the day to leave). Despite my sickness, I decided to rough it and go on the trip anyways, when I clearly should have stayed home and slept all day, but I didn't. Why ruin a trip to a famous national park when i'm only slightly debilitated, right? Well, long story short, I spent most of the time in bed in the cabin, I didn't get to snowmobile, but I did manage to gather enough strength to go to a Grizzly Bear and Wolf Reserve, which was pretty cool. Here's some pics of our adventure!










View from the balcony of our cabin
















A sickly Dave reading by the fire












Let sleeping dogs lie, especially if they're wolves.















All of a sudden, the entire pack of wolves started howling...

















...though some were too lazy to stand

















This wolf looks like he knows something I don't, and he's enjoying it.













Dave in a wolf den(a fake one).
















Grizzlies!










This is the stop sign Amber's brother Jimmy ran into when he slid off the road. It was 20 below zero(the night prior).















A very, very big teddy bear

3 comments:

Fox and Amy said...

Oh, crazy! Sorry you were confined to the cabin but that's probably good--it looks like it was cold! How cool to see wolves and bears. Were they behind fences?

Unknown said...

Not better yet - poor guy - well at least you has a different view from the bed and got to see some wild animals (: Did Amber cut her hair - it looks like it - if so you should post some photos of her new do! Love ya!

Joanie said...

haha thats so cool- it would feel like jurasic Park almost- just down a few notches- glad you got to go- i Love the Den picture- you like den's almost identical to the san diego one- haha- amber looks gorgeous
-kelsy