Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Winter Wonderland

Before Christmas My family (along with a bunch of family friends), took a large horse drawn sled through the Christmas lights at Thanksgiving Point. It is a fun attraction that we have done before, we normally go through on a nice warm trolley but this year we thought we would try something new...

(Dave, Amber and David)

Even though it was cold and we really had to bundle up, it was still a lot of fun! Although I think next year I will request we go back to the trolley :)


(Chantel my younger sister and Mike her husband)

Traffic was really bad the night we went and Chantel, Mike, Jimmy and Annie almost didn't make it on time! Everyone was very relieved when they came walking up to the sled, we didn't know how much longer we could have stalled the driver!


(my brother Jimmy and his wife Annie)

The sled was three benches wide and held about 22ish people (all the seats were full!) So slightly larger then your average 'sled'


(Dad and his wife JoAnn)

After we went through the lights everyone went and got hot chocolate in one of the warm buildings at Thanksgiving Point! by the time we were done the hot chocolate was much needed! Everyone froze but it was well worth it.

5 comments:

Fox and Amy said...

Fun! You have such a cute family!

Helena said...

Fun! I agree though, a Trolly would be much more comfy. Thank you for posting this picture of Dad in his Santa hat. It's something I didn't even realized I missed until I saw it!

Annie said...

great post Amber. Love you!

Douglas Smith said...

It does look like fun! ... Even for a California native. I think I like the trolley idea as well. ;-)

Chantel said...

That was so fun. Also, very cold. And it's true, the traffic was terrible!! We waited at one light for ten minutes! Actually it was 9, but I rounded up... Anyway, that was great fun. :-)