Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Amber's Birthday


This year for my birthday Dave wanted to make it extra special, It was my golden birthday after all (how old I was turning matched the date I was born on. I turned 23 on the 23rd) So we went to Salt Lake and stayed at a Hilton for a week! It was really nice and we had a really fun time, there are so many fun options in Salt Lake that we always had something to do! One of the things that we did was go to the aquarium.



Dave and I had a great time at the aquarium, it was in an old converted shopping center, so it wasn't super large but we still had fun!



Dave trying to convince me that we should get a sea slug as a pet.... Well not really but I bet this is the face he would make if he were to try! He would say 'See Amber he is really nice and we could put him in the back yard...' The answer of course would be 'No! Now go wash you hands" :)



They had a bunch of interactive things you could do there. One of Dave's favorites was the simulation of what an electric eel would feel like, there were two metal dots and when you touched both at the same time it would give you a shock. It wasn't pleasant but Dave had a strange fascination with it and kept going back and touching it! This picture was after about the fifth time he got shocked...

We had a great time on my birthday trip! Now I'm off to start planning our Anniversary :)

3 comments:

Chantel said...

Very nice! I'm glad you had such a nice celebration. Looks like tons of fun!

also, I'm glad you would say no to the pet slug.

Helena said...

Your hair! It's so dark. That is a really pretty look on you.

Dang, you stayed at the Hilton for a week? We definitely need to catch up.

Happy 23rd Birthday!

Here Dwells Happiness said...

What a lot of fun. I'm glad you were able to get away and relax for a whole week. Way fun!