Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Classic Skating



Last Thursday Dave, David, Katie, Chantel, Mike and I all went skating. It was dollar night (or as I like to call it, tween night...) so that meant it was cheap and full of people!




Dave is a pro at skating (It probably has something to do with all his illegal church skating exploits) He had to rent skates at the rink (his are missing...) and he was definitely not impressed with their quality. But he still had fun :)



Katie showing us all how it is done.



I am not very good at skating, so David and Dave were very nice and took turns staying by my side, just in case I needed to grab hold of someone to catch myself from falling! Luckily I stayed on my feet (this time). Skating really isn't my thing... But I am hoping to get better, maybe I would like it more then?


Mike is also pretty good at skating and is teaching Chantel (who is way better then me to begin with!)

We all had a really fun time, even if there was a sign saying if you are older then 21 you might not want to skate because your risk of injury is increasing at such an old age (I might be paraphrasing but that really was the gist of the sign... I wish I was joking...) But even still, all of us old geezers had a good time and are happy to report no broken hips!

5 comments:

Helena said...

I only kind of miss that place. I would have probably liked it better if I used roller blades- roller skates are HARD! And also if I went on any other night besides "tween" night. Each time I went, I was tripping over little kids the entire time.

Fox and Amy said...

What--no video of Amber attempting to skate? Sad! Dave has taken me illegal church skating several times and has almost gotten me or himself killed each time. So I just say no now or "lose my rollerblades". :)

P.S. Fox on skates. Now that is funny. You are probably way way way better than him. Shhh

Chantel said...

It said 21?! crazy... I thought it said 24, so I thought I had a few more years until I had to worry about old age. Oh well. :-P

Mrs Abbott said...

I love skating! Kind of a California thing to do. There's a skate park here. That's about it.

Alisa said...

That place brings back memories. I always seem to come away with at least one bruise or goose egg. Good Job at beating my skill level. ;)