We had a very fun Halloween this year. On Sunday, we had our traditional pumpkin carving at the Kaiser's house. We watched Arsenic and Old lace and ate roasted pumpkin seeds.
Amber and my pumpkins are on the right
|
I try to make most of my costume every year for Halloween, and I don't usually know what I'm going to be until the night before, This year was no different.
Once I decided on a costume, Amber and I set to work to start creating its various components. First, we cut a whole bunch of yarn and sewed it to a strip of fabric. Then we cut some small pieces of hairy fabric out. Amber also combined two of my old pairs of jeans.
I put all this stuff on, and then I suddenly became...
A Hippie!
It was rather groovy indeed! I handed out candy to the neighborhood kids, most of whom thought I was a pirate. Oh well. One kid said, "I like your pretty necklace", so I was pretty flattered by that.
This year's Halloween was a lot of fun. I'm excited for next year, where my costume will probably involve facial hair yet again, since i can't really grow much myself. Happy Halloween!
2 comments:
Yay! Love to see your costumes each year! So creative!!! Did Amber dress up? Miss you guys!
I love your costume, David! I was laughing out loud! So fun!
Post a Comment