Saturday my Dad and JoAnn took Dave, David and I to pick out 17 pumpkins for the big carving party on Sunday (yesterday). We tried to pick out a variety of shapes and sized to makes sure no two pumpkins would be alike, and it worked! They were all very different
(disclaimer- there will be a lot of pictures in this post!)
Everyone got together and had a great time!
All the pumpkins ended up great! I am now going to post a ton of pictures of the different pumpkins that people made
(vote for your favorite!)
(vote for your favorite!)
My brother-in-law Mike imitating his demented pumpkin :)
Chantel (my sister) with her pretty vampire
This one is mine!
And this one is Dave's! This picture doesn't even do it justice, he did an awesome job! His pumpkins always are really creative : )
After the carving, everyone who could stay moved into the living room and we started our yearly tradition of watching
Arsenic and Old Lace and eating pumpkin seeds! My family has done this every year around Halloween ever since I can remember :)
Now go to the comments and let me know...
Which pumpkin is YOUR favorite?
After the carving, everyone who could stay moved into the living room and we started our yearly tradition of watching
Now go to the comments and let me know...
Which pumpkin is YOUR favorite?
8 comments:
My favorites were yours (naturally), David's, and Dave's. Probably your husband #1, yours #2 and your brothers #3 for creativity.
What a fun family tradition. You are truly blessed to be in a loving family.
Um, ALL OF THEM!
And what a good idea- I'm gonna go write a blog about pumpkin carving too! Maybe I'll steal some of your pictures this time...
It's a tie: young David and your David- my brother! Good job, David's! That's so fun!
I love yours! It's the perfect shape! and David's toothpick teeth are wonderful! We love watching arsenic and old lace at our house too!
I don't know if you want me to vote, I am a little prejudice. However, since you're asking, I vote Michaels!
But really, they were all really good and creative :-)
I like the personality on yours best - it is just a cute face!
My vote goes to Dave - Bran and I are both totally AMAZED. What a lot of fun.
I also Like all of the pumpkins! Dave, especially, did an exceptional job.
Thanks for the post and the photos!
Post a Comment