Monday, January 18, 2010

Day Time Disney

Dave and I drove down to California to spend Christmas with the Hulihan side of the family this year. When we were down there, we had an opportunity to go to Disney Land! We weren't able to go the last time we were down (it was on the schedule but Dave got food poisoning!) So we decided that even though it would be super crowded, we were going to go! Kelsy (Dave's younger sister) was able to come with us too, so the three of us set off on the day before Christmas Eve. We got there at 11:00am and stayed until closing, which was midnight, we were determined to make the best of our trip and be there for as long as we could!


One of the first things we did was go into the Tarzan tree house. It is not a ride, just a cool tree house with rope bridges that you can climb around. It was neat to be able to overlook a large part of Disney Land. It was also not very crowded up there, so we got to wander around.

(Dave and Amber)

Still in the Tarzan Tree House!


The Haunted Mansion was all decked out for Christmas. After we went through the ride, Dave said that is was really different inside during Christmas because of how they decorated. I can't imagine being one of the people who have to put up and take down all the Christmas stuff! It was everywhere and very intricate, doesn't seem like my idea of fun!


(Dave and Kelsy)

We went on the spinning Teacup, the line was a little long but it moved very quickly. We didn't end up having to do too much waiting at Disney. We used fast passes and picked lines that were short... Well for the most part at least. We did wait in line for an hour to ride Space Mountain... but we really wanted to ride it! Everything else was pretty good :)


(Dave and Kelsy)

We didn't actually go on that ride but it looked so interesting that I wanted to take a picture of it :) Maybe I will try it next time. Even though we were there for 13 hours we didn't cover all of Disney Land, so I think we need to going back!


(Dave trying to look surprised while we waited in one of the many tunnels that took you to Indiana Jones)

One of our favorite rides was the Indiana Jones ride. The line was a little long but we had a fast pass and that made it way shorter then it would have been without it!

It was my first time at Disney Land and I had a blast! I can't wait to go back and see all the stuff we didn't have time for and re-enjoy all my favorites!

3 comments:

Helena said...

I'm glad you guys had so much fun1 I felt so bad for you last time, especially dave, since he was the one with food poisoning. I am really jealous though, not gonna lie.

Chantel said...

I'm more glad than Helena is that you got to go! I also felt more badly for you guys than she did when you couldn't go last time.

It looks like so much fun! You should definitely go again! And maybe Michael and I can go with you!

Douglas Smith said...

We always have a good time at Disneyland. It’s been years since we’ve gone though. Maybe we can go sometime in June when Molly and Megan come down! Next time you’re there, you have to eat at the Blue Bayou Restaurant. The restaurant is actually in the Pirates of the Caribbean! It’s really cool to eat and relax in the moonlit ambiance of the Pirates of the Caribbean and watch the passenger boats drift by. The food is also excellent.

We’d love to go with you sometime!