One of the things I was looking forward to the most at Disney Land was the fireworks! I didn't want to leave before they happened, we lucked out that the weather was good enough, the night before they had to cancel the fireworks due to the high winds!
Dave, Kelsy (Dave's younger sister) and I found a nice spot to watch. We avoided right under Cinderella's castle even though it is supposed to be the best spot. We decided to look else where when we saw it was completely packed an hour and a half before the fireworks even started! There were too many rides to go on to waste an hour and a half waiting for something we could see anywhere in the park!
I didn't get a picture of the huge Micky Mouse head firework BUT I did get one of the wishing star... That is almost as good right? We also got to see the parade, which I was really hoping we would be able to do as well!
As it got darker, it also got colder... We were dressed warm but not quite warm enough! We still had fun, even if we were a little chilly :)
We made sure we had time for the 'it's a small world' ride. It was decked out in Christmas lights and on the inside everything was decorated for Christmas as well (I would not want the job of transitioning back and forth between Christmas decorations and the normal decor! I can't imagine how long it would take to do!) one of the biggest advantages of that ride was the fact that it was heated (I know you thought I was going to say the best part was the music!) By the time we went on the ride we were half frozen, so it was nice to thaw out!
Dave seems to make friend where ever he goes... especially creepy ones... When Dave was younger he used to listen to the wind in the willows books on tape, so we decided to go on the wind in the willows ride. Mr. Toad seemed to take a liking to him..
We had a wonderful day (And night!) at Disney Land. We didn't get back until 1:30am because of driving time but it was well worth it!
We had a wonderful day (And night!) at Disney Land. We didn't get back until 1:30am because of driving time but it was well worth it!
6 comments:
Yup. I want to go there.
I had forgotten about the Wind in the Willows. We used to watch that movie when we were little, do you remember?
That sounds like so much fun. You got some great pictures which are making me very jealous. Glad you had a chance to get away and Party though.
That looks great! I'm glad you got to see the fireworks and everything. I can't wait to go sometime. I should go plan a trip with Michael now...
We need to have a Kaiser trip to Disney! All former Kaisers invited, that means you Helena and Chantel and of course me:) Dad is all for it, so I think that is what we need to do!
That would be fun! But, are the only people invited going to be former Kaisers?
And their spouses... Why? Are you planning on inviting someone else on our family vacation?
Post a Comment