Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Anniversary Trip



Dave and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago with a trip to San Fransisco! We ended up driving and it's a good thing we like taking road trips together, because it took us 11 1/2 hours to get there. We like to stop as little as possible when we drive, but we saw a bunch of fun things during our travels!


Me-'Umm, what is that...?'

I thought it was too early into our 11 hour trip to be hallucinating, but maybe I was wrong...

Dave- 'Is it supposed to be there!? I mean, it doesn't look like it should be there, right?'

We were in the middle of nowhere, of course it wasn't supposed to be there but it was and it was confusing us.

Dave-'It looks like an Alien child's art project...'

He was right, it did. So now our only options were either we were hallucinating or we had been invaded by aliens... I kinda like the idea of a bunch of young creative Aliens running around our planet...




We also drove past the Salt Flats, it was really cool and sort of looked like snow had caked the ground. On our way home it had rained and the flats hadn't dried out yet, so they looked like a really large lake. We also saw salt refineries with huge piles of salt that were a few stories tall!


Dave- 'Amber it's true!'

Dave was really excited... maybe we were about to see another tree...

Dave- 'Quick get a picture! Wow... I sort of assumed they were exaggerating!'

By this time I' was franticly looking around for some magnificent piece of art but couldn't see what Dave is talking about... I resigned myself to the fact that I didn't get to be a part of the hallucination...

Amber- 'What? What am I missing?'

Dave- 'The cows! Look how happy they are, the rolling green hills, the sunshine! Happy cows really do come from California'

It was true they did look pretty happy, I didn't get a picture that had cows in it but they were there... I may not seem super credible after the whole Alien tree story but we really saw the cows... (and the Alien tree!).


3 comments:

Chantel said...

This post was so funny! I loved the dialogue and inner thoughts. Brilliant! and I believe you, there are artsy aliens here. But I don't think you saw the cows...

Fox and Amy said...

Very cool! And I wonder what my mom would say if she knew the happiest cows were from CA not WI...
Can't wait to see your San Fran pics!

Unknown said...

You are brave for that drive! So what did you do in San Fran? Jon and I went there for one of our anniversary trips too - maybe year 3? I enjoyed it but thought I would never ever wnat to live there - crazy streets, traffic, cold, etc...